Friday, October 3, 2008

This is where I'm supposed to be...

So for the past 6 months or so I've been wondering where it is that God wants me. I know I'm called into youth ministry. I was called 6 years ago, and while I questioned that at times, it has been reaffirmed like no other in the past year. About eight months ago I began looking for a job, knowing that graduation was coming soon. Graduation came and went, and I still had no full time job. I decided to stick around my current residence until I found a full time youth pastor job. In the midst of that, I was offered a part-time position. I took the position, knowing that it would be more experience, a little cash, and give me a reason to stay around the town.

Throughout the summer I kept looking for a job, kept searching... nothing. Yea, I had a few interviews, some went very well in fact. But I never felt like any of them were right. It's October now--still nothing. It shouldn't be this hard. But it is.

And a sense of frustration has started creeping in. I think to msyelf "okay God, you called me into youth ministry... you told me this is what you wanted for me. I followed. And now you aren't providing a way for me to do this..."

And the other day I said that out loud. And it hit me... he has provided. I'm working in a youth ministry as we speak. And maybe it's not long term and maybe it's not exactly as I had planned, but He has provided. And maybe I didn't just take this part-time, horrible paying job because I wanted to stay around the town and because of the experience I'm gaining, but maybe a part of that was God's doing. Maybe this is EXACTLY what He has planned for this period of my life.

Most people would think this is common sense... not so much.

No comments: